DORACO Construction Corporation starts works on the “Construction of a public ferry terminal in the Port of Gdynia” project.
The task includes a complex of works such as for instance:
- construction of a building of the ferry terminal – 30 thousand m3, linked with a passenger gallery being of use to passengers while going aboard a ferry;
- reconstruction of wharves (Finnish and Polish) – approx. 600 metres long in total,
- construction of parking areas and car-parks for passenger cars and trucks – 65 thousand m2 in total,
- apart from this, DORACO shall construct a railway connection between wharves, reconstruct the existing road and transport layouts and perform other infrastructural works,
- within the foregoing task, a crossing “Junction of Victims of December ’70” will also be reconstructed and a bicycle route will be led.
The investment in the Port of Gdynia will make it easier to manoeuvre ferries and make it possible to handle a larger number of ferries and vessels with higher tonnage. It will be feasible to handle ferries with length coming to 240 m (currently, the Hell wharf – guarantees only 175 m) – the new location will enhance the process of manoeuvring ferries and will shorten the time of their stay in the port – the solutions applied will make handling of ships universal. Ferry harbouring operations (i.e. from the start of mooring to departure of a ferry) will not exceed 120 minutes.
Finalization of all the works and obtainment of a permit to use for the entire task are planned in 28 months i.e. on 30 June 2021.
wiz. Port Gdynia
- Projekt współfinansowany przez Unię Europejską ze Środków Funduszu Spójności w ramach Programu Infrastruktura i Środowisko w nowej perspektywie 2014 – 2020