Korporacja Budowlana DORACO will expand the Gdańsk Airport. As part of the investment, a new pier will be built, which will be an extension of the existing T2 terminal to the west. Construction will take 26 months.
After the construction of the pier, Gdańsk Airport will gain almost 16,000 sq m. sq m of new space, thanks to which passengers will be able to travel in even more comfortable conditions. The scope of DORACO’s work includes:
1. Construction of the western pier with four external staircases, a new ramp and VIP driveway, the necessary engineering infrastructure, a maneuvering yard for airport buses and reconstruction of the existing access road,
- The works will be performed while maintaining the full functionality of the existing passenger terminal, including the uninterrupted operation of the VIP lounge on floor -1.
2. Reconstruction of the interiors of the existing passenger terminal – central security control, baggage claim hall, Schengen arrivals area, arrivals baggage room, passport control area and transit corridor,
- Implementation of works with full passenger traffic service, using the western pier constructed in the previous stage.
Changes of parameters after the completion of the construction of a new pier:
- area of Terminal T2 – increase from 53,000 m2 to 69,000 m2
- Central security checkpoint – increasing the number of security control lines from 11 to 18
- passport control points, departures – increase from 6 to 10 passes
- departure gates – increasing the number of gates from 20 to 30
- passport clearance points, arrivals – increase from 8 to 12 passes
- baggage claim – increasing the number of carousels from 5 to 9 carousels